Saturday, September 11, 2010

Shape up or ship out!

Well, it's that time...I've tried to avoid it b/c it is one intimidating task on the checklist: get in wedding day shape! I'm not exactly gaining extra time before the wedding so it's time to get started. We hit the seven-month mark last week and I found this "6-Month Fitness Makeover" on the Knot. I like it b/c it breaks the workouts into weeks and you can work towards the next week, which I love, and that's why I loved the couch-to-5K workout so much. Maybe some of you can join in with me - I'll update the blog for each month's workouts! Time to kick some booty.


Month 1 of the plan looks like this:

This month, you should mainly be focused on just getting active and engaged in the program. A good way to get motivated is to start a workout diary. Write down the date, all the reasons why you need to work out, and what your goals are. Write down your weight (always weigh yourself in the morning for consistency), and use a measuring tape to record the size of your chest, waist, hips, thighs, and forearms, so you can monitor your progress. To stay motivated, keep notes all the way through. 
Tip: Weigh in and take measurements once a month only. 
Focusing on quick results will only discourage you.


Weeks #1 and #2
20 minutes of aerobic activity at least three times a week
Weeks #3 and #4
30 minutes of aerobic activity at least three times a week

No comments:

Post a Comment