Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Keeping Things in Perspective

Although our wedding is over one year away, I already feel caught up in a whirlwind of planning. Venues, vendors, feel, blogs, dresses, oh my! And if you know know me, you know I have an internet addiction! So, I enjoy searching for hours on a given wedding topic or anything, really. For example, I spent at least an hour researching dog food last night. However, the pressure of all the perfect weddings and wedding details I see in blogs or in magazines gets to me. So much pressure! I needed a reality check, hence this story: Driving home from work is usually not fun. Although I'm leaving the office I still think about work, where I need to take my dog, what Matt and I need to do, etc...The other day, I was contemplating planning the wedding and all those details that bug me on my way home and was distracted by this thought--this will be a celebration of my best friend and I, our love, our relationship and everything it represents--it was the happiest I've felt about the wedding so far! Seems cliche, but the perspective was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment